The Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh
, offered by us, is a regular tower packing prepared from a crimped mesh of woven wire filaments. Every strand of our Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh is a bunch of a large number of thin filaments (111 micron size). The package is cylindrical in shape and is made to a size which snugly fits the interior of a distillation column. Due to its high mass transfer efficiency, it is extensively used in laboratories, pilot plants and commercial installations, for distillation, gas-absorption and liquid extraction. Our Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh is made from crimped mesh of woven wire filaments provides large surface to realize the desired interphase mixing. To achieve high degree of mass transfer efficiency, an intimate contact between vapor and liquid phases is necessary.
Capillary action of the strands of Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh helps in spreading the liquid uniformly over the wire mesh. As a result, there is no build-up of the liquid anywhere in the voids of the packing. Vapor therefore has a free access to every surface inside the packing. The high separation efficiency is thus obtained as the available surface of the packing is most effectively utilized.
- High vapor handling capacity : Vapor handling capacity of knitmesh is comparable to 25 mm metal pall rings.
- No wall effect : Knitmesh draws liquid from the wall of the column into its interior by capillary action. No liquid redistributors are therefore necessary for a column packed with knitmesh.
- No reduction in efficiency even at low liquid irrigation rates : Capillary action of knitmesh helps it to achieve uniform wetting of the entire package even at low liquid loadings. Packing can work without loss of efficiency at a liquid irrigation rate as low as 0.3 mh (0.5 GPM/FT)
- Low value of HETP (Height Equivalent of Theoretical Plate). Typical values range from 100 to 150 mm. Low values of PDTS (Pressure Drop per Theoretical Stage). Typical values range from 0.04 to 0.05 mm of Hg, depending upon the vapor load.
- Performance is independent of Packing Size : Unlike random packings, the properties of knitmesh are independent of packing size. Hence its performance characteristics such as HETP and PDTS are practically independent of packing diameter.
- Although Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh appears to be expensive at first sight, it will prove to be the most economical solution to your problem, if you weigh each of its following advantages
- Reduction in product loss through product degradation : Use of Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh allows you to achieve re-boiler temperature for a specified column top pressure. Lower re-boiler temperature reduces the rate of degradation of heat sensitive materials present in the re-boiler, resulting in high product yield.
- Reduction in the cost of column shell and supporting structure : This follows as a consequence of lower packed volume.
- Reduction in packed volume : This is achieved due to low HETP of the packing
- Increased in throughput capacity : The wide range of operating velocities allows increase in column capacity 2-2.5 higher than conventional packing.
- Saving in energy cost : This is possible through reduction in the reflux ratio.
- High flexibility : Since Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh shows high performance over a wide range of liquid loadings, it is most suitable for the situations which demand flexibility that is batch operations, unsteady state operations and multipurpose distillation jobs.